The International System of Units, currently the most widely used system of measurement, was published in 1960. It has been adopted by all developed countries except Unit Converter for the United States, though as previously mentioned, it is used in science, as well as heavily in the military, even in the US. While England also adopted this measure, a shortage of silver caused King Offa to reduce the measurement of the pound to 5400 grains in order to use smaller coins.
As simple as it can get, the Unit Converter app is a straightforward unit converter app. The app offers over 44 categories of units that can be converted. It has a simple and easy-to-use interface with some color elements to make the app a bit more attractive. The app boasts over 5 million downloads and is constantly updated with new features.
Freemake Audio Converter
Managing your loans and other payments will be made easy when you have Simple Loan Calculator on your Android device. You won’t need to keep a notebook or a journal just to keep track of all the payments you’ve made and will still make. This app calculates tips and splits the bill among any number of people.
Protect Your Health (data)
Google Mapsis not traditionally a measurement app, but one of the features that makes it great is the distance measurement feature. The app uses three techniques to measure out the dimensions of your room. The first technique, Scan by Touching Walls is so simple and efficient that you don’t even have to calibrate the app every time. Just place the phone against the wall, hold it until the app tells you to move to the next wall, and repeat until you reach the starting point. The app lets you measure real-world objects using just your smartphone. Although, you’ll need anARCore-capable phoneto make it work.
- Simply type a quantity in the left column, and the conversion appears in the column on the right.
- The 8900 Series power converter can be what you’re looking for if you need the best RV power converter.
- SxSoft brings you great digital scale app and this app will turn your device in to precision digital scale.
- Gone are the times when Apple Maps felt like just making numbers on the iPhone.
- However, if you work with audio files every day, we recommend using any of the best audio editing software instead, as it’ll offer deeper options and more specialized features.
- Relax while the app’s speed camera monitors posted speeds and alerts you to fixed and mobile speed cameras .
- Engineering Unit Converter is another app that focuses on one particular field.